Online Reservations for Shichigosan 2021 will be accepted from Sept 1, 2021.
We support the Government's efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.
The COVID-19 situation is fluid with constant changes. We will update our website with updated government rulings that result in changes to our procedures.
Shichigosan blessing includes: Blessing, Chitoseame, Omamori and Ofuda, Goody Bag
Complimentary kimono dressing upon request. We DO NOT take photos.
1. Masks are required for all adults and children 5 years old and above. Temperatures will be taken before entering the changing room.
2. Reservations are limited to 8 people per time slot.
3. Only One (1) parent or guardian and child(ren) receiving the blessing will be allowed in the changing room when reception is ready for them. All other family members will be asked to wait outside in their vehicles until the actual blessing.
3. If you have accompanying family members, please be sure you are all on the shrine premises at your check-in time. It normally takes less than 10 minutes to dress your child(ren). You and your child(ren) will be proceeding directly to the shrine for their blessing once they are dressed.
Shichigosan, Totose no Oiwai, Jusan Mairi, Seijin Shiki Services
1. For every child that has made a reservation, Kimono dressing is complimentary - as part of our service to the community,
2. No Hair/Makeup will be offered again this year. We are also unable to lend our kanzashi hair ornament due to stringent Department of Health regulations. Please style your child's hair PRIOR to arrival at the shrine.
3.All children are asked to wear a V-neck T-shirt or tank top (any color) and shorts
4. We will not know about importation of Chitose-ame from Japan until later this year. DHL, UPS, Fedex did not allow transport of any foodstuff last year and we will not chance sending foodstuff via Seamail. We will give every child a Chitoseame bag with either Chitoseame or American candy.
5. Absolutely no food or drink while in kimono and no sitting on anything other than a chair.
1. The shrine's sanctuary will be sanitized after each blessing
2. The changing room will be sanitized after dressing a child
3. Kimono and kimono accesosories will be sanitized or washed after each use
4. All osagari gifts given to a child(ren) will be sanitized and packaged
ハワイ金刀比羅神社・ハワイ太宰府天満宮 Hawaii Kotohira Jinsha - Hawaii Dazaifu Tenmangu